Friday, April 16, 2010

Thanks Eastern


In the beginning I really didn't know what to expect from this course. I don't know that much about computers in general. I thought that it was really interesting to hear about how they originated. I didn't know all the things that they can do. I am glad that I wasn't thrown into a class that depended on knowing and understanding all of the technical terms. I think that if you are going into this field it is important but since this is just a requirement for me I was a bit relieved.

I think that this course will help me in the future to understand the advancements in technology. I now know what kind of impact new inventions are going to have on our culture. Before I would say who cares? But now, I know what the invention of the ipad will bring to technology. These things really do change our future.

I am glad that Eastern makes us take these types of electives. I believe that they are important for a couple reasons. First, it exposes us to different courses that we otherwise never would have taken. Imagine if someone was required to take this class and they decided that this is something that they have been looking for. Second, I feel that it broadens our knowledge of other fields. If we didn't have this course work we wouldn't completely understand or respect other people who are involved in these fields.

3 comments:

  1. It's really important to assess a curriculum's efficacy. The most beneficial classes I've taken have helped me make far better decisions in the real world and allow me to perceive opportunities and threats in my life. Looking at our text, it seems as though IS is quite different in practice; however, I am glad to have learned about IS in the practical way of our course. This is because I don't feel knowing how to create a system will be important for my career or my life. IS moves so quickly too, that if you aren't majoring in it, it seems as though you wouldn't learn anything beneficial if you were engineering systems all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah in IS I thought we would be doing something different. For example, being in front of a computer and learning about excel and power point. That's how it was described in the course catalog. I'm still glad I took the class. I've learned a lot, but it could have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The technology I know and learn in the class have surpassed something that I know before. I'm very expected to see that one day these various technologies can widely use in our lives. Even though I'm not very good at information technology, I still learn more.

    ReplyDelete