Friday, April 16, 2010

12th blog

Well this is my final blog of the class, I never thought it would end lol. At first when I heard that we had to do all these blogs I was sad and thought blogging was nerdy and pointless. It turns out that I was wrong for a few reasons. I think that there is a lot of information from other people that you can lean this way, and it turned out to be pretty sweet.

In the last two classes we talked about ethics and the future, respectively. Ethics have always been a topic briefly covered in various classes. Thics are a system of moral principles, or the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group or culture.

A big threat to the future of any business is failure in ethics. Business ethics as an issue are much much more powerful than globalization or even the internet, and can destroy a business almost instantly. The standards of business ethics however, are changing rapidly. What was good is becoming bad and vice-versa, very fast.

A good site to get some information of this is: http://www.globalchange.com/businessethics.htm

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I honestly had no idea how blogging would turn out. In contrast to other methods professors use to encourage class discussion, this one has worked better than others. The reason is that the freedom to choose topics allows everyone to say something about another person's idea. Freedom to choose topics almost stabilizes the group involved, since they will all find a way to communicate with one another. I'm glad to try blogger and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how the ethics of a business can make or break it. I'm glad you didn't mind blogging, I thought it was kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the technology becomes more and more powerful, sometimes the ehics is threatened or broken by someone. I try to image how business world will be in ehics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all of this focus on business ethics, it seems strange that so few actual businesses seem to have any.

    ReplyDelete