Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Magic Jack


I know many of you have been bored one day, decided to watch info commercials, and scrolled across the one about the Magic Jack. The Magic Jack was the commercial about the little USB cable that's hooked up to your computer. You then plug any house phone into the USB (which is plugged into the computer) and you're able to make unlimited calls. It was crazy when I heard how this tiny device could perform such big "magic". Well I know I thought it was a scam. You mean to tell me I could get UNLIMITED phone service just by having the Internet? Yea okay, we shall see.
When considering the Magic Jack, there's a price of $39.95(one time fee) for the first year, after that the price deflates to only $19.95(one time fee for each year). The phone service comes with a telephone number that is used to make local and long distance calls. Believing it yet? This is what had me tuned in. The phone service includes voicemail(for when you're off or online), caller id, call waiting, call forwarding, and etc.

Since promoting on the television, Magic Jack sales a minimum of 10,000 phones a day. My just buy it out of curiosity to see if it really works, well as to others who buy it because they think it would be more convenient. Large amounts of subscribers have said that since having the Magic Jack, their electric bill has increased. This is because they phone service only works if you're online which means the computer has to be on, which means is using the electricity. The majority of the reviews were good which is why the company is progressing with sales.

So what do you think? Would you try it?

1 comment:

  1. I think cell phones have replaced the need for most people to have this. I can see it being an advantage to people who have friends and relatives all over the world. Most of us have a much smaller calling area which is already covered by our cell phones.

    ReplyDelete