Friday, April 16, 2010

Last blog

I have never had or been apart of a blog before and I thought it would only be appropriate to blog about my experience. I always looked at blogging as something that the nerdy did when they were bored. Something to do when your sick of playing video games. When you need to know how to get past a level in the latest video game. I never really looked to see the purpose behind blogging. There really are many benefits of blogging besides getting the latest nerd news. I found that blogging got to be more and more interesting and I can see how with a large amount of people that this is an great way to get ideas out there.

I wrote several blogs about what was going in class, but the blogs that I really like are ones that other's did on the same topic. Blogging has been a great way too see how others think about everyday topics. I noticed that RFID chips are blogged about a lot and I thought it was cool to be able to see how many different opinions there were. From those who can't wait too those who would never even consider it. It seems like blogging is the most civilized way to have a discussion with a large group of people. this way you can wright what you think and anyone who wants can comment. This is a lot easier because it lets everyone talk at the same time, but also stay on topic.

The networking possibilities are also good. You can easily see how people would get to know each other. I can also see this being used to talk about your self or even as a way to get to know those your work with. It seem like the more your interested in the topic the better the discussion and the better quality information. This kind of naturally will let you see out of all those your blogging with who is interested in the same things you are. I blogged about some of the worst inventions which was something I really thought was interesting. I saw that there ended up being a lot of comments on it. Blogging has a lot of different uses and I think that if you use it wisely it can really help you succeed in the sharing of ideas.

5 comments:

  1. I was in a similar situation to you before this. While I don't think my new found and poorly formed blogging habit will continue after this, I am happy I had the opportunity to learn about this medium. I found blogging to be something that I did have to remind myself to do, however, now that I know how to do it I absolutely could integrate this into my future if necessary. I'm glad this is a new skill I have accumulated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had similar view point on blogs as you before this class. I never had the urge to write blogs or anything. Now that I have gone through this experience I might look into blogging in the future but maybe on a topic I was more interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah blogging has definitely opened my eye and give me a different perspective of business networking. Blogs allows you to get plenty of peoples' ideas without a lot of effort. I just want to see how blogging will become more effective later on. I know they have video blogging, but what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really understand your perspective on the whole blogging thing! I have never really gotten into blogging but i think that this has been pretty cool to experience. I have even started following some other people's blogs while being involved with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same opinion as you on the topic and it seems like a lot of others in our class also did. I think blogging is best when it is done on a certain topic rather than random rambling.

    ReplyDelete