Wednesday, April 21, 2010

IT Future and Final Blog Entry

The future if IT promises to be an interesting one. Technology is rapidly expanding and very little can be done to slow its growth. In my opinion humans have to learn how to utilize these new advances rather than let them utilize us. You see many examples of people becoming to complacent with technology, and letting it run their life without really understanding how it operates. This is a tragedy to me, as I feel that the new mass availability of information makes it easier than ever to learn about these functions.

Many people are afraid of new technology, and want to stop its growth because they feel that it will somehow replace human beings. I can see some possibility in these ideas, but it is a very small chance in my opinions. This scenario is unlikely in my opinion, mainly because currently I would see no ambition that machines would develop in order to replace humans. Mainly because they are machines and have no human ambitions of power. I personally believe that humans and machines must evolve together, and possibly even become interconnected in the future. This has already begun on a small scale in terms of medical implants, bionic limbs, and even technologies that can sink with people's brains like the Braingate example that we watched in class. Basically in my mind the possibilities are endless, and I hope to see marvelous advancements in my lifetime.

In this class I have learned much about a complicated topic. My knowledge of information systems was very limited before this course. Although we only scratched the surface of the topic in this class, I am glad that I was able to gain basic knowledge on this topic that I hope to expand on in the future. Information Technology is the way of the future, and in the interest of not being left behind I will attempt to learn as much as I can in order to one day utilize these advances and properly use information systems during the remainder of my college experience, into my professional career, and wherever else life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment