Thursday, April 15, 2010

iPad

The new iPad went on sale the other day and Apple can not keep up with the orders that are coming in. I think Apple was smart and to let Amazon have theirs on the market first and then come out with a device that's better. Or is it better? This depends on the usage by the user.

The Amazon Kindle is more for book readers and comes with 3G wireless service. The iPad comes with AT&T 3G service that cost $29.99 a month. There is no fee with the Kindle. The iPad can be purchased with the AT&T wireless service and come equipped with WI-FI connectivity. The Kindle has a read out loud feature to it, where you don't have to actually read, it will read the book or document out loud for you. The iPad does not have this feature. The Kindle is basically has a black and white display, and the iPad has a color display, but the Kindle can be read in direct sunlight unlike the iPad. The Kindle is priced at $259 for the 6" and holds 1500 books and the 9.7" at $489 and holds 3500 books. The iPad will cost anywhere from $499 to $829 depending on how much storage space you think you'll need.

I could go on and on with the comparisons but I won't. In my opinion I feel the Kindle is the better buy but I feel more people will purchase the iPad because of the brand name, capability to watch videos, and its ability to download apps. In the long run, the user will probably spend more money with the iPad by trying to keep it updated with the latest and greatest apps and other functions.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me that Apple always waits and stalks its competition before they make a product. When they do make a product, its better than all the rest. Microsoft been had a touchscreen computer and Apple finally makes one and it's better. Same as Apple coming out with there very game own console.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both the Kindle and IPad is a waste of money. If you want to read, buy a book. and if you want to get on the internet then get a laptop. I really see no point in buying those product. It's like you're buying a very limited computer but it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel It's such a waste of money to purchase these Items because they are so limited on what you can do. they are definately not like a laptop because they cannot handle the workload a laptop can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard the iPad is a good way to combine things into one. I plan on getting one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I have gathered about the iPad, it has a lot more features than the Kindle. Yes, both of them can be used to read books, but the iPad is designed to do more. It is almost like a giant iPod touch. It is meant to to do more than just read, and it also provides a larger screen which makes reading easier. I don't know much about the kindle. Are you able to browse the internet on the kindle? Personally, I don't see much benefit of having the iPad either because I own an iPod touch. I feel like it is almost the same thing but larger, and I'm just wondering why people are spending all of this money on an iPad rather than just buying a laptop that can do so much more for almost the same price. I believe it is just a fad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also did my blog on the iPad. I really did not think it was going to sell as well as it did. If I had to bet on it I would have said it was going to be a flop. I wonder though, are people buying this because they have a practical use for it or are they purchasing it because its Apple and they want to be tech savvy?

    ReplyDelete