Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fedex is Everywhere


So the on-going joke between my me and my friends is the fact that no matter where you go, you will always be able to find a fedex truck. It is really no joke. Fedex has so many different types of trucks, planes, and vans, that you will most likely be able to find one while you are driving. Now a days, you can most likely ship anything by fedex. It has become one of the leaders of the shipping industry. They have 677 airplanes and 90,000 vehicles with more than 200,000 employees. They also deliver to 220 countries. With all of that to take into consideration, how do they make sure that everything goes according to plan?
The CIO of Fedex, Rob Carter, is in charge of all of the technological stuff when dealing with delivering the packages all over the world and making sure that they are on time. Also, they have to take into consideration what the competition, UPS, is doing. A program that Fedex has, before the competitors, is something called Insight. This basicallly means that anyone can look and see if any packages are coming to them today, even if they didn't know they were supposed to be getting a package. Fedex is a believer of the stragety "move, communicate, and shoot." This is important so that they are always looking for new ways to better their company.
In a world where competition is big, Fedex always has to be on the move in order to come out with the next thing to stay ahead of UPS. I think that Fedex will be around for a long time and put up a good fight against UPS. In the coming years, there will probably be more trucks and vans than ever to deliver all of the packages. Fedex really is everywhere, and I don't think that that is going to change.

4 comments:

  1. It is interesting to think how they will adapt in the future. Sometimes when i think of the future i think of the show the Jetsons. I don't know how far things will progress but i hope they don't get ridiculous like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, FedEx is everywhere. Before I found out about the Insight feature FedEx has, I never thought of how useful something like that would be. Now I can see from a business stand point how useful that would be. Nice job FedEx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using Fedex just because the movie Cast away with Tom Hanks. I guess product placement in Movies really work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FedEx is great for personal and business uses. They are very fast and reliable. I know in the future the will always be the leader in new delivery system technology. I don't think they have to worry about UPS.

    ReplyDelete