Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kid Tracker


Over the past few years I have noticed that the trend of tracking your kids every movement has increases in popularity. It seems like there are now all kinds of way to not only track your child's every movement, but now you can know everything about what there doing. It seems like the need to know every little thing your kid does has grown. I understand that a responsible parent should know what there kids are up to, but to track their every movement takes away all the trust and if anything will end up making kids distrust their parents. I wouldn't expect anyone to track everything simply because it's an invasion of privacy.




The easiest way to track your kids is through their cell phones. Parents have a choice many different plans from a few different providers. Sprint has a plan that will allow you to check where your kids are at through your own cell phone. The plan shows you exactly where your kids are as long as the phone is on and has signal. Verison also has a simular plan that will allow you to see exactly where your kids are. This plan allows you to see the streets their by and direction/speed if their moving. This all seems like a over protective parents dream, but thats not the only way to see what those no good kids are doing.




The latest in keeping up with your kids every move is the car gps. You can now use your kid's gps to see where their car is and many other options. This gps allso allows you to see how fast your kid drives and where they typically go. you can also set it up so that if they break any traffic laws, ie run a red light, it will text your self phone allowing you to see when and where they ran the light. If this isn't enough for you then you can get a visa card for your child and then you can get alerts everytime they use it or spend money on specified items. Who knows what this consistant way of telling your kids you don't trust them even for a second will have on their over all self est

7 comments:

  1. The cell phone always can do more things than I can imagine. It's the first time I heard about tracking a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah cell phones can do just about everything possible. It's all so unimaginable. However, if your kid finds out your doing all this they will for sure hate you and not talk to you about anything. This will make them want to rebell even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about this technology previously, and although I can see many practical applications I feel that this practice is an invasion of privacy. I like the idea of being able to track a child's cell phone for an emergency situation, but not to check their every move. I personally would have been very hostile if I felt that my parents had control over every aspect of my life. I have heard of people going much farther then this approach however. Some people have installed tracking chips within their children to see where they are at all times. This is insane to me, and puts children in the same category as Felons in my personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids tracking system is an interesting application that has really come on to the scene in the last few months. I recently saw a commercial where a mother sends her daughter to the mall to go shopping and is not worried because she knows her daughters whereabouts with the tracking application on the cell phones. Parental security has just reached a new level. No longer will a parent call and ask their child "where are you?" instead they'll ask "why are you at ...?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kid tracking is a great idea but i do feel like it can be a bad idea. It basically is saying that the parents don't trust their kids at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jack, I wouldn't do this to my kids. but i do like the technology, atleast we have an option to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the whole kid tracking idea, but I wouldn't want the location of kids being accessible through a phone. People lose phones all the time and people tap phones. So, it's a good idea. We just have to be extra careful. If that type of application gets into the wrong hands, we don't know what could happen.

    ReplyDelete