Saturday, April 17, 2010

12th (and final) post

I cannot believe how fast the semester has gone by! I literally walked into this class not knowing a thing about information systems and now I feel like I could confidently hold my own in a conversation on the topic. All of the projects in class were interesting but I liked the decision making homework the best. It is really practical for absolutely everyone. And blogging was definitely an interesting experience.

Before class the most experience I had with blogging was for the website "Xanga" when I was in middle school. I pretty much used it to tell stories about my friends and myself. It got boring because let's be honest, the life of an eighth grader isn't very exciting. Blogging for this class has lead me to the conclusion that blogging is best done when focused on a certain topic. Our class blog is a perfect example of this, because all of the blogs had one thing in common: they were about information systems.

Although I'm not sure I'll be checking information system blogs regularly when the class is over, it is definitely helpful to know they are there to answer questions. It is likely that someone on the internet will have the information you're looking for. I think everyone should take their experience with blogging this semester and gear it towards something they're passionate about. For example, I love fashion and could spend hours (and sometimes do) surfing fashion blogs. I encourage everyone to explore because it is a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment