Monday, April 12, 2010

SKYPE


In the early 2000s there was AIM and YAHOO messenger. If you weren't video chatting, there was definitely something wrong. Now, in 2010, if you don't have a SKYPE account, you're definitely "living in the past". SKYPE is a downloadable software application that was acquired by Ebay in 2005 which allows users to makes voice calls over the Internet. Making video and voice calls, instant messaging, and file sharing amongst other SKYPE users are free, but calling land line phones and cell phones have a small fee. Recently, Verizon Wireless has enable free SKYPE calling to those who have an android capable phone. So all you would have to do is download the app and get a SKYPE account and you can make free calls.

Lately, Many have been making complaints that there is a SKYPE download that is actually a virus. Also there has been a set back on SKYPE actions because it has been running slow. IT techs say that the reason why SKPE sometimes run slow is because its not accustomed to the latest windows updates such as Vista, 7, and Mac.

Personally I think is very convenient. I'm away from my loved ones during the school year and sometimes a phone call isn't enough. Just being able to see their face makes my days easier. My Cousin is in the Army and he's stationed in California for Basic Training. I make sure I talk to him at least once a week just to make sure he's okay because we never know when he may be called to go fight for our country.

I feel like SKYPE is very convenient and with that being said, what's your SKYPE? add me @ coa.coa-

1 comment:

  1. Well now this is a bit embarassing to admit, but my parents have adopted Skype before me. It is somewhat offsetting to have your babyboomer parents know more about technology than you do. Recently my sister spent 5 months in Spain, I suppose this is what triggered there Skype obsession. The only problem now is that they won't stop. My mom will literally call me to tell me to Skype her...? However it is used, it is a great idea and I do believe its benefits are great.

    ReplyDelete